Free community trainings provide a detailed step-by-step process to help you choose a health care agent and complete an advance care plan. Community trainings are offered regularly. These classes will help you:
- Think about and determine your health care wishes and values.
- Identify a health care agent.
- Start conversations with those who matter most to you, your health care agent and your health care providers about your wishes and values; and
- Set up an online advance care plan so that your health care wishes are easy for a health care provider to find in an emergency.
Community Facilitators Trainings
A key component of promoting advance care planning is providing information and training to residents of our community. Community Facilitators are essential to educating and engaging individuals in advance care planning by helping people learn about the importance of:
- Talking with those who matter most about health care wishes;
- Selecting a health care decision maker to make sure health care wishes are honored when a person can’t speak for themselves; and
- Writing down health care wishes and making sure that they’re easily accessible to health care providers in an emergency.